Red Pepper Sauce:
- 4-6 Red bell peppers – (unlimited food)
- ¼ cup of canned ‘light’ coconut milk – (fat)
- 3 cups Sundried tomatoes (dried – not in oil) – (unlimited food)
- ⅓ Diced onion – (unlimited food)
- ¼ Lemon, juiced – (unlimited food)
- 6 zucchinis – (unlimited food)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut up the bell peppers. Remove the seeds and stem. Cut into large chunks.
- Line a cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper. Lightly spray with avocado oil, and place the red peppers on the tray so they don’t overlap.
- Roast (or bake if your oven doesn’t have a roast setting) for 30 minutes.
- Once roasted, remove skin and place in blender along with sauteed onions, coconut milk, sundried tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Use a spiralizing tool to make ‘zoodles’ out of the zucchini.
- Cook zucchini noodles on the stovetop on medium-high heat until soft.
* You can cook them for a shorter period of time so they are more firm, and al dente. Or you can cook them a little longer so they are soft and melt in your mouth.
Serve Roasted Red Pepper Sauce over zucchini noodles.
Because most everything is an unlimited foods (according to the Adrenal Reset Diet) ingredient, then you will want to add a side of protein and carbs for your meal.
½ cup carbs for a lunch serving
¾ cup carbs for a dinner serving