Fall is here and it’s time for Crock-pot recipes and casseroles! Yay! There’s nothing better than cozening up on a nice cool night with a warm healthy meal. Get ready for a series of these kinds of recipes. Enjoy!
- 1 cup rinsed and uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups veggie/low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 sausage – Aidells Organic Chicken & Apple sausage
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 2 small sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 3 tsp organic Italian spice mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a casserole dish with olive oil.
- Prep your veggies by peeling and dicing sweet potatoes, chopping onion, and shredded brussels sprouts.
- Place veggies in a gallon size plastic bag. Add olive oil, spices, salt and pepper, and shake. Toss the veggies until everything is fully coated.
- Place quinoa on the bottom of your casserole dish. Then you’ll add the broth and rice vinegar.
- Place veggies on top of quinoa followed by sliced apple chicken sausages.
- Bake at 350ºF for 60 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Enjoy! 🙂