- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red or yellow pepper, diced small
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 3 ½ cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¼ cup snipped fresh chives
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh snipped herbs (thyme, oregano, marjoram)
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Heat oil in a 3-quart pot over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and lightly saute for a few minutes. Add the garlic and saute a minute more. Then add the quinoa, water and salt. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Then gently add the peas to the cooking quinoa, but do not stir them in. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes. Add the fresh herbs and fluff with a fork, stirring in the peas as you go.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and enjoy!