This recipe is EASY and really delicious. It’s perfect for a summer night. Salmon is packed with B vitamins, Vitamin D, Selenium, B3, Omega 3’s, and protein. This dish is refreshing and would be a perfect accompaniment to some asparagus and cooked wild rice. Enjoy!
- 2 -3 wild caught salmon steaks (4-6 oz each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ -tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (not the same as regular paprika)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (do you like it hot? I do!)
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, basil)
- ½ – teaspoon iodine-free sea salt
- 1 pound each baby carrots, pearl onions, and shiitake mushrooms
- Position a rack in the center of the oven
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or baking paper and lightly oil. Set aside.
- In a small pan set over medium low heat, combine 1/4 c olive
- oil, minced garlic, fresh herbs, smoked Paprika, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Stir for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Let this mixture sit for a little bit about 5 minutes.
- Place the salmon in a large bowl, salt then toss with garlic paprika spice mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the same process with vegetables place next to the salmon depending on your baking sheet.
- Allow the salmon to bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your salmon and preference.