- 4 medium beets (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups organic chicken broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 3/4 cups chopped fennel bulb (about 1 large)
- 1 Tablespoon organic honey
- Olive Oil for Sauteeing
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cut up beets, water, cinnamon and chili powder in olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté until soft and juicy. Then add the organic chicken broth, chopped fennel, and honey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 40 minutes or until everything is tender. Cool.
- Place the mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle evenly with chopped fennel fronds.