My wife Kirin made THE best spaghetti squash recipe ever – uses all ingredients from the “unlimited” food list from the Adrenal Reset Diet.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 an onion – diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 package cherry or grape tomatoes
- Optional: handful of spinach
Spaghetti Squash Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 360.
- Cut ends off. Then cut the OPPOSITE of lengthwise. You want to end up with 5-6 “circles” about 1-1 1/2″ thick.
- Remove the seeds from the center.
- Place on parchment paper (or lightly oiled aluminum foil) and LIGHTLY spray with oil (avocado oil has a neutral flavor and can take high heat).
- Bake for 1 hour. You can turn once at the 40-minute mark.
*You may want to double this if you like more sauce*
- On medium-high heat, saute onions until they are transparent….about 3 minutes (stir frequently).
- Add garlic.
- Add 1/2 of a portion of finely chopped basil now – and add the other half at the end (I probably had 3/4 cup un-chopped basil leaves).
- Add 1 package of cherry/grape tomatoes (slice in quarters first).
- Reduce to a simmer – and stir occasionally for 1 hour. This takes the acid out of the tomatoes and makes it naturally sweet so you don’t have to add sugar.
- You can also throw some spinach in the last 3 minutes of cooking for additional veggies.
Make several batches so you can easily reheat and eat.