What are “unlimited foods?” Eat as much of these as you like, with or between meals:
– Alfalfa sprouts
– Artichokes and artichoke hearts – great on salads, roasted with veggies, or boiled and dipped in hummus. * if you buy them canned, make sure they are in WATER and not oil
– Baby corn
– Bamboo shoots
– Bean sprouts
– Bok choy – sautéed with ume plum vinegar (sauté the stems first with onions and garlic, then when close to fully cooked, add the leaves)
– Broccoli – salads, stir fried, or steamed (try the Magic Broccoli recipe in “Dr C’s Favorite Recipes”)
– Brussels sprouts – roasted, sautéed
– Cabbage – yummy with carrots and ginger
– Carrots – make “carrot fries” or spiral cut and add to salads
– Collard greens – remove the stem. Then sauté, boil or steam (pair with a spicy mustard). Or remove the stem, then massage with olive oil and add white wine vinegar, salt and pepper for a delicious salad. Also great to replace the tortilla in a wrap.
– Eggplant – grill eggplant steaks, bake eggplant chips or roast with onions and tomatoes
– Green beans – cold in salads or steamed with chicken or veggie stock
– Green onions
– Lemon juice
– Lime juice
– Mushrooms – raw in salads, or sautéed with onions
– Peppers, red and green – raw and in salads, blended into a veggie dip, roasted, grilled, or sautéed in a stirfry
– Salad greens – any type
– Snow peas
– Spinach – shakes, salads, stir fry, sautéed with onions, garlic and sea salt
– Summer squash (crookneck or zucchini) – zucchini pasta, zucchini chips, zucchini fries, sautéed, roasted, roasted and seasoned then blended into a dip/spread
– Sunflower sprouts
– Swiss chard
– Tomatoes – slice, sprinkle with sea salt, and add a dollop of hummus. Roast with potatoes, or chop up with onions, olive oil, and sea salt and pepper as a bruschetta.
– Turnip greens
– Water chestnuts
– Winter squash (spaghetti or pumpkin) – makes great soups in a Vitamix. Just cook, remove seeds, add 1/2 a pear, salt and pepper and chicken or veggie stock.
**NOTE: Sometimes the third salad just isn’t going to happen. Daily Greens is my secret trick. I love it because it has greens from REAL FOOD. Not the random stuff you avoid like, fillers, dairy, gluten, eggs, soy, sugar, peanuts, GMO’s, preservatives, MSG, artificial flavors and artificial sweeteners.
Just PURE greens. It is great by itself and was born to mix into your Daily Reset Shake. Order HERE