Add this tasty dish to your breakfast, lunch or dinner for a wholesome treat that’s high in fiber and packed with antioxidants. Serve this fantastic side dish, courtesy of Nourishing Meals healthy gluten-free cookbook, over cooked quinoa with 2 eggs for breakfast or alongside a roasted chicken for dinner.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into crescent moons
- 1 large bunch kale, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch collard greens, thinly sliced
- Herbamare or sea salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the oil and then the onions.
- Add a few dashes of sea salt to help draw out moisture from the onions.
- Sauté onions for 15 to 20 minutes or until caramelized and very fragrant.
- Keep the temperature steady and on the lower side so they don’t cook too quickly and burn.
- Add the kale and collard; sauté for 5 to 10 minute, depending on the tenderness of the kale and desired doneness. You can add a few tablespoons of water to quickly finish the cooking by steaming if desired.
- Season with Herbamare or sea salt to taste.
- Serve warm.
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*