Adrenal Reset ShakeOctober 18, 2016
Note From Dr.COctober 18, 2016
Isn’t chili just the best in the fall? This recipe is perfect for this month and pumpkin cravings. This one is light enough with the turkey to be perfect for lunch of dinner. It would also be perfect for a meal prep work week. Enjoy! 🙂
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper (cored and seeded – save a few slices for garnish)
- 1 seeded and chopped jalapenos (optional and can omit)
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 – 15 ounce can organic diced tomatoes with liquid, low salt
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup purified water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 can kidney beans, organic and BPA free can
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium low and add beans.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more. Ladle chili into bowls, garnish with sliced jalapeno, and serve.