OK I was getting ready to send this post out and one of my team members asked what is usually in my smoothie.
I’m almost embarrassed because I put so much stuff in that I think it’s getting out of control.
Here are the typical ingredients most days. Note I’m listing them in the order I put them into the blender. You want things with lots of liquid in first because it all flows more easily.
- Organic navel orange. I peel it with a kitchen knife and intentionally do a sloppy job leaving a lot of the white pith on the orange. This is the densest source of bioflavonoids like hesperidin. After peeling, chop it into quarters
- Organic roma tomato. Rinsed and cut in half
- Golden organic kiwi. Peeled and cut in half
- Baby carrots. Organic, peeled. Drop in 1/2 cup
- Cilantro – organic, rinsed. I’ll use about 1/3 of a bunch per batch
- 1 large beet, raw – golden or regular. Chop off the tip and the stem – scrub and chop into quarters, the one in the picture below is golden
- Pomegranate seeds. I usually buy frozen. Fresh is seasonal and they are a lot of work to open. Add about 1/2 cup
- Blackberries, frozen – 1/2 cup
- Spinach, chard, kale, collards. Some mixture or individual one based on what I have. Organic – rinsed off. 2-3 cups
- Wisdom of the ancients clear liquid stevia – 2-3 dropperfuls to taste
- Organic spirulina powder – 2 tsp
- Brazil nuts – 2
- Flaxseed oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger and turmeric. I buy these fresh and keep them in the freezer. When it’s time to use, just grate the frozen root with a microplane like I did in the picture
- Ice – 2-3 cups
- Cold water 2 cups
This makes about 40 ounces of juice. I’ll often give a small mason jar of juice to Kirin and Ryan. Then I’ll work on a large jar in the morning and another in the afternoon.
Warning – this could become a serious addiction!
If you’re working on weight loss with the Adrenal Reset Diet, and you drink 1/2 of this yourself, just count this as anytime snacks and don’t change your diet. If you drink it all by yourself, then just reduce your carbs to 1/4 cup breakfast, 1/4 cup lunch and 1/2 cup at dinner.
To your best health,