8 Astonishing Ways to Conquer Sugar CravingsFebruary 23, 2017
Are You Gaining Weight Because Of Your Low-Protein Diet?February 27, 2017
I’m getting hungry just from writing about this dish, I may need to duck out early for lunch. Once you get the hang of this recipe you can use this same idea for so many combinations of proteins and veggies.
A special guest star here is Arrowroot flour. In case you’re not familiar with it, it’s a non-grain, wheat-free flour that does a great job at thickening sauces or making a healthy breading on sauteed foods. Think of it as perfect substitute for corn starch or wheat flour.
Some great things about Arrowroot:
- Resistant starch
- High in potassium
- Good for the gut flora
- Slowly digested
You can find Arrowroot flour (AKA Arrowroot starch) at any good health food supermarket. My fav is Sprouts Farmers’ Market.
- 1/3 cup non-GMO organic wheat-free Tamari
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 2-in. Piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 1/2 lb grass-fed flank steak
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Whisk together soy sauce, arrowroot flour, sesame oil, garlic,and ginger.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the marinade, set aside.
- Add steak to remainder, turning to coat.
- Toss broccoli florets and mushrooms on prepared baking sheet with olive oil and reserved marinade. Spread out in an even layer, and roast until just tender, about 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and set oven to broil.
- Push broccoli and mushrooms to edges of baking sheet and place steak in the center, drizzling over any remaining marinade. Slide baking sheet under broiler and broil until steak begins to char on the outside. For medium-rare, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and let steak rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Mix with roasted broccoli and mushrooms.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa.