Apple, Leek and Butternut Squash GratinApril 22, 2014
Healthy Holiday MuffinsApril 22, 2014
This Spicy Chicken Thai Soup is a delicious cold and flu busting treat for you this season. It’s loaded with anti-microbial nutrients from ginger, garlic, and onion to keep you and your family happy and healthy. For added immune support this holiday season, you can also incorporate lemon and turmeric into your diet.
- 3 lemongrass stalks, bottom two-thirds of tender inner bulbs only, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (4 inch) piece of ginger root, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms, quartered
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste (or less based on desired level of spicy)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut in wedges for serving
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced into rings
- Stir lemon grass, garlic, and ginger together in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain chicken broth and set aside. Discard lemon grass, garlic, and ginger.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; Stir in chicken; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste (start with less if you are sensitive to spice), fish sauce, and lime juice until combined.
- Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk; return to a simmer and cook on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Skim off any excess oil and fat that rises to the top and discard.
- Stir red onion into the chicken mixture; cook and stir until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add about 1/2 the cilantro.
- Serve with plates of cilantro, lime wedges, and fresh sliced jalapenos.
- Enjoy and be well!
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*