If you tend to get stuck in a rut and find yourself making the same recipes again and again, you’re not alone. I’m the same way.
And then do you ever make recipes that you love, but you forget to make them more than once?
That’s why I’d like to share the California Dreamin’ Soup with you.
Yes, you can have soup for breakfast. It’s one of the most popular breakfast recipes from the Adrenal Reset Diet. And I’m realizing we’ve never even shared it here with you. This is a recipe you’ll definitely want to pin and save, so you can make it again and again.
Make a batch and refrigerate the rest so you can have several days worth of breakfast cooked. Just heat and serve. (And soup always tastes better because the flavors have a chance to mingle more).
You can have this instead of your Daily Reset Shake for those days you have a little extra time to cook something. It’s ridiculously fast and simple to make.
Any leftover vegetables can be added in as optional ingredients. You can also add quinoa or brown rice for a great complete meal later in the day.
Yield: 4 servings as the main dish
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 1 1/3 medium-sized ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 quart of organic vegetable broth
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced. (Precooked white meat can be used)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
*Optional veggies, cabbage, tomatoes, red peppers, onions – will all add to the length of the cook time.
- Blend avocados, broth, ginger and turmeric until smooth.
- Pour into 2-quart saucepan
- Add chicken. Gently heat until warm
- Enjoy….again and again!