Blue Light vs CaffeineJune 28, 2017
The Top 5 Myths About Natural Desiccated ThyroidJune 30, 2017
Summertime means fresh salads, BBQ’s, and snacks by the pool (or beach, or lake, or in the woods….) pretty much anywhere you are. Salads are pretty easy. But how do you get delicious chips – especially when you’re bored of kale chips or sweet potato chips? And what kinds of chips are GOOD for your hormones?
Make chips out of BEETS! They are delicious! They will make your thyroid happy and they are definitely NOT boring.
How can they make your hormones, like your thyroid, happy?
Beets contain an amino acid that fights heart disease, regulates hormones and helps with detoxification.
Additionally, beets contain 1 of the 7 Rare Nutrients Your Thyroid Needs to Survive.
Here is how you can make them…
*Dr. Christianson says, “The appropriate dosage of beets is ½ cup in a cooked or juiced form and servings should be 2-3 times a week.”
- 3 medium-large beets, rinsed and scrubbed
- Avocado oil (spray)
- Sea Salt + Black Pepper
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Thinly slice beets with a mandolin (or a sharp knife), getting them as consistently thin as possible. They should curl a little when cut. This will ensure even baking and crispiness.
- Divide between two baking sheets and spray or very lightly drizzle with olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and the rosemary. Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer, making sure the slices aren’t touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and slightly brown. Be sure to watch closely past the 15 minute mark as they can burn quickly.
- Remove from oven, let cool. Then serve.