How to Prevent an Underactive Thyroid from Causing DiabetesFebruary 9, 2017
12 Thyroid-Friendly Foods That Stabilize Your Blood SugarFebruary 13, 2017
- 12 cups water
- 1 large onion, skins left on and cut into chunks
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 1 two-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 to 4 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to 2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into an 8-quart stockpot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Place a strainer into a large bowl or pot and pour the stock through it.
- Stock may be frozen for later use or stored in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.